It’s snowing like crazy in Dallas today. My sweet little princess is home from school & enjoying playing in the snow while I try to play catch up from traveling earlier this week. Today is the perfect day for one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. I got it from Taste of Home & it is always a hit with family & friends. Yum-O!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
*Note: I’m using 1 can of Bush’s Black Beans instead of the kidney beans. I also added a packet of McCormick’s Fajita Seasoning.*
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken and return to the slow cooker; stir to combine. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fajita (calculated without optional toppings) equals 347 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein.